Monday, February 9, 2009

Sitting Lessons

Ayden is growing up faster than I could ever have imagined and there are a lot of days I feel like I am seeing him change right before my eyes....and that the days end just as fast as they can begin. He is rolling over now and we have to keep a watchful eye on him when he's awake. Gone are the days of being able to lay him on a blankie and be content to know that he'll be right where I left him if I turn away for a moment.

Although Ayden's becoming more mobile does present its frustrations and challenges, its also thrilling to know that I am able to have such a major part in the devolpment of this amazing little person. What a blessing he is to Jonathan and me...we couldn't possibly love him more (well, maybe if he would nap a little better...j/k).

Our latest challenge has been trying to teach him how to sit on his own. His propensity is still to lean clear forward which results in either bending himself in half causing a lot of groaning and grunting, or in falling over completely. I have found that wrapping my Boppy body pillow around him helps him from falling over, but it doesn't do miracles either :) Baby steps!


Cute little bare feet

Everything goes in the mouth anymore...even if its way too big to fit.

His little toungue proves how hard he's working :)
He'd had enough at this point. He's so cute when he's mad! Loud....but cute.

0 comments: