Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

Ayden and I were able to go with my parents, Jeff, and Katie up to Blackfoot, Idaho for the Thanksgiving weekend. Jonathan had work everyday and was unable to come with us, but luckily Josh, Becky, and Ben were also home to share a Thanksgiving dinner with him. Although...nothing quite compares to Grandma's cooking. :)

Ayden got to meet a bunch of my aunts, uncles, and cousins for the first time over the weekend. His great grandparents were thrilled to be able to see him again since the first time they had seen him was when he was only weeks old. I'm sure he seemed huge to them - he's gained 4 pounds and three inches in the time between visits! Here he is with his Great Grandpa Scherbel.

Katie is always excited to go to Idaho so she can see her favorite cousins: Julia and Kaylee. Julia and Katie have been bff's since they were just little tykes so they spend every waking moment together when they can. Here is a fun moment I caught of a mini dog pile with the three of them.

I'm so glad that in Jonathan's absence I had some of my family members who were willing to step up to the plate and help me with Ayden. It can be kind of rough going it alone, especially with Ayden being completely thrown off of his schedule. Besides that it gave Ayden some good one on one time with people...even if it meant letting him watch Thanksgiving Day football with Grandpa George. :)

Us girls were trying to keep ourselves entertained, and Julia (being the silly girl that she is) put the couch pillows over her to make it look like she was only a sad little torso woman. It almost worked...can you tell we were a little bored?

Visiting The Craig George Family

I was so happy that my cousin and bff Leslie was at her parents' house for Thanksgiving so I would get a chance to visit with her and to see her adorable baby boy, Ryker. Now that she lives 10-12 hours away I don't get the chance to visit with her nearly as much as I would like to, so it was great that we got this opportunity. Here she is with my little Ayden.

We had so much fun with our babies. They both decided to take naps around the same time so we just HAD to snap some photos of it! Hers turned out better than mine though cause she had this amazing new camera...can you sense a little jealousy? :)

In this one Ayden almost looks as big as Ryker...but I think it was just because I took the picture from a bad angle. Aren't they cute though?

Ok, ok...so this one we kind of posed ourselves....but its still so friggin' cute that who really cares?

We were excited to get back - me and Ayden both missed Jonathan a ton while we were in Idaho (we've never been away from him overnight since Ayden was born) and I was glad to get Ayden back on his schedule, even though it changes weekly. Here's Ayden on our car ride home. Luckily he slept during most of the way there and back. What a good baby!
Hopefully next year we won't have to leave Jonathan behind because even though we did have a great weekend and we got to visit with lots of family and eat lots of good food...it just wasn't as good as it could have been without him there. Love you baby.

1 comments:

Lizz said...

I'm so glad that you had fun!! Ayden is getting so big!!